Living in a home or working in an office that has the shape of a square or rectangular is ideal in feng shui. It offers balance and incorporates a complete bagua. The bagua is an energetic map that includes the cardinal and intercardinal directions, each with their own powerful attributes.
Now it is not easy to find squares and rectangular homes, apartments, or offices. With incredible design concepts, different shapes are created. So, what do you do if you have a missing sector?
Well, first you should symbolically “square the space off”. This is quite easy to do if you have access to the outdoors. You can use bushes, fences, flowers, anything to create that outline needed to “complete the space”.
You should also figure out what directions are missing and then compensate that space by adding the element of the missing direction. And, be creative about it! You can add furniture, pictures, fabrics…you can even paint the whole room the element color! Just follow these guidelines below. If you are missing the following directions, add that direction’s element near that missing sector.
- North (Water) – add a representation of water: the color black, dark blue (not sky blue), actual water, a picture of water, wavy shapes
- North East (Earth) – add a representation of earth: the color brown, yellow, earth tones; terracotta, square shapes
- East (Wood) – add a representation of wood: live plants, trees, flowers; the color green; tall shapes
- South East (Wood) – add a representation of wood: live plants, trees, flowers; the color green; tall shapes
- South (Fire) – add a representation of fire: the color red, lights; triangle shapes
- South West (Earth) – add a representation of earth: the color pink, earth tones; terracotta, square shapes
- West (Metal) – add a representation of metal: the colors white, grey; round shapes; shiny metal itself
- North West (Metal) – add a representation of metal: the colors white, grey; round shapes; shiny metal itself